- To tackle the huge environmental problems threatening the livelihood, the health and the well-being of the people in the whole East African Region with a strong focus on sweet water bodies;
- To save the severely affected rivers and lakes from man-made pollution and to preserve them for future generations;
- To ensure access to clean water for those who need it most;
- To combat water-borne diseases by providing health care and water education;
- To create and renew water transit routes and water infrastructure;
- To develop sustainable solutions for the debris, water plants and solid waste removed;
- To restore the ecological balance in sweet water bodies wherever possible to the benefit of all residents.
Access to water is a Human Right.